Tuesday March 19
ALL ARE WELCOME
The purpose of the meeting is for the public to say how they want to respond to the massacres that occurred last Friday at the Deans Ave & Linwood Muslim Mosques.
TOPICS EXPECTED TO BE DISCUSSED INCLUDE
- How widespread are white supremacist views (including Islamophobia) in Canterbury?
- How really welcome are minority cultures and ethnic groups in Canterbury?
- Is religion a unifying or dividing force in society?
- Have the NZ security services paid too much attention to potential Jihadists and too little to white supremacists?
- Do gun control laws need tightening?
- Will the Crusaders really face a name change?
- What needs to happen to build a more cohesive and inclusive NZ society?
The Dean of the Cathedral, The Rev Lawrence Kimberley will welcome all and hand over to the co-conveners of the meeting…
· Paul Hopkinson of Canterbury Progressive Network (CPN)
· Brian Turner of EcuAction, a Canterbury based Interfaith network.
Further info from Paul (ph 027-2308439) or Brian (ph 021-1294305)