Saturday July 23rd
10.00am ~ 12.00pm
For a peoples’ Christchurch ~ Decisions by us, for us, made here
Last week KOA (Keep Our Assets Canterbury) announced well-known political activist John Minto as their mayoral candidate for the upcoming local body elections.
KOA is not standing a candidate to “wave the flag” on asset sales. We are standing a candidate to win the mayoralty and to win with a progressive, people centred, programme.
Key policies include –
- Stop asset sales
- Free and frequent public transport
- The living wage as the minimum for all council work
- Building 1000 additional council homes for rent and rent to buy in 3 years
- End the corporate stranglehold on the CBD rebuild
- All Canterbury rivers to be swimmable
The success of this campaign will depend on how many activists and supporters are able to give time and energy to support the campaign leading up the election on 8 October.
We are inviting all KOA supporters and those in the wider progressive movement to come to this campaign planning meeting to hear from KOA and John Minto and join the campaign.
Note: Campaign material (T-shirts, badges, signage etc) will also be for sale at the meeting.
Minto For Mayor